7 (more) quick takes.
I did a post like this a few weeks ago and found it fairly therapeutic, so here we go again.
1. The check engine and maintenance lights came on in my trusty ol’ Camry. The irresponsible Kristen of years past probably would’ve ignored the lights and continued driving for months (read: years), or at least until the car refused to go. The new responsible Kristen (read: Sean made me do it) took her car to a mechanic instead and was rewarded with a $925 repair bill! Just in time for Christmas!
Moral of the story: being responsible is expensive.
2. I have been experiencing some off-and-on chest pain for the past few weeks. After having blood drawn, the doctor discovered that my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone, IN CASE YOU CARE) levels are super low. One of the main symptoms of low TSH levels is weight loss. Luckily (read: unluckily) for me, I was able to avoid that symptom entirely! The chest pains should subside when my levels even out. Fingers crossed.
Moral of the story: my thyroid is stupid.
3. My knee is about dead. It hurts all the time now. Stairs are increasingly difficult and the swelling is constant. I had three separate knee surgeries as a teen, after which I was told I could expect terrible arthritis at an early age. I didn’t think it’d be this early. I haven’t given up on the knee completely, but I know there is no ‘cure’. I’m bummed.
Moral of the story: knees are even more stupid than thyroids.
4. One super happy thing: Christmas is almost here! I love me some Christmas. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. That being said (because God knows I can’t go five seconds without complaining), if I have to listen to Taylor Swift sing Last Christmas one more fucking time, I will rage. I mean, the lyrics don’t even make sense:
Last Christmas / I gave you my heart / and the very next day / you gave it away
So, let me get this straight: Swifty gifted her heart to some dude (read: John Mayer). The dude in question in turn gifted Swifty’s heart (i.e., the heart Swifty just gifted him mere moments before) to someone else? WHAT?
This year / to save me from tears / I’ll give it to someone special
Oh, whew. So she got her heart back! Eventually. Good. That must have been pretty scary for her, knowing some random lady was out there running around with HER HEART.
(And before you yell at me, yes, I am very aware that she didn’t write the song. But she did agree to sing it 17 MILLION TIMES PER HOUR ON THE RADIO so I have decided she is more than capable of shouldering the blame for the confusing lyrics.)
Moral of the story: Even TSwizzle’s bastardization of a ‘holiday classic’ can’t ruin my Christmas.
5. I’m going to Las Vegas in January (yay!) for a work thing (boo). But still! Vegas! I’ve never been. I think they have some casinos there or something?
Moral of the story: Las Vegas is a place that maybe has some casinos or something.
6. A couple of my coworkers and I chat on AIM (yes, AIM) throughout the day at work. We have a little group chat set up so we can keep a running dialogue going all day long. My coworkers rock, and it’s one of the few things keeping me sane right now.
Moral of the story: AOL isn’t totally useless.
7. My cats are still alive…
…despite my best attempts. I keep ‘accidentally’ leaving the door open and ‘accidentally’ throwing them out the window, but they keep coming back. I just can’t catch a break.
Moral of the story: I actually do love my cats so please don’t call animal control.